Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

wwn/wwpn to alias to port mapping

Is there a command to show which wwn/wwpn and alias is connected to which physical port on the brocade?

Contributor

Re: wwn/wwpn to alias to port mapping

wwn / alias look at cfgshow

wwn / port look at nsshow or switchshow

alias / port I don't know if there's any...

please correct me if am wrong

Valued Contributor

You could give nodefind a spin.

Actually any command that reports back ithe FCID is usable.

You only need to convert the hex adress to domain and port id (mind you may not waork great for shared area /npv addresses .

Valued Contributor

Hi,

You could try "nsshow". It shows the WWNN/WWPN, the port of the switch and the ALIAS if any.

Rgds

Contributor

If you are looking at a single port/device, I'd start off with a portshow for that port. Look for the WWN logged into it. With that WWN, you can do a nodefind and it'll report back the alias the WWN is a member of. 

If you need to find the port that a device is logged into, you start with an alishow (they take wildcards, like alishow server1*), then nodefind each WWN until you find where they're all logged in. The nodefind shows you an index, but that could be the index on another switch in the fabric, so to be sure, you need to portshow -i index and make sure the WWN you're hunting is logged in.

New Contributor

Hi Tony

If you have a single switch in the fabric run the command switchshow to check the Physical port number on which the device is connected  and then run nodefind wwpn number will give the alias .

And if you have multiple switches in the fabric then run the command nodefind wwpn . First 2 digit under PId  will give the domain id of the switch on which device is physically connected and new 2 digit will give the port index of the swtich port on which device is connected .

nodefind 50:01:43:80:01:7b:0a:7c
Local:
 Type Pid    COS     PortName                NodeName                 SCR
 N    028a00;      3;50:01:43:80:01:7b:0a:7c;50:01:43:80:01:7b:0a:7d; 0x00000003
    FC4s: FCP

In the above output switch domain id is :- 02

Port Index  :- 8a (Hexa Deciaml)

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @robert.kubon.

I first wanted to use "nodefind" in my PowerShell Script, but this way I had to do a lot of SSH commands, which makes the script slow.

Now I parse the cfgshow in PowerShell and put the values in an object. There I can have a look for the wwns. As I use HBA and Port WWNs, I also look for WWN + 1 in my script:

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Fibre-Channel-SAN/We-are-embracing-Powershell-Is-there-a-Brocade-Powershell-Module/m-p/63590/thread-id/20265

Contributor

And the still better way by felipon:

I now get Port and Node WWN with nsshow. Then I look if one of them exists in cfgshow and have the alias for the port.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.