Fibre Channel (SAN)

rob
New Contributor

temporary full fabric licence key

Hello

I'm having a bit of a problem. Some old fibre channel switches have failed during an equipment move. We have some new brocade switches but we have not yet purchased full fabric licences for them as it turns out. Is there any way to obtain a temporary licence so we can get our network back up and running?

It's 4am here and I'd really like to get the network back before everyone comes in to work in a few hours.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Rob

External Moderator

Re: temporary full fabric licence key

rob,

sound not good.

You can obtain Temp License from Brocade Direct or trough your OEM Reseller/ Parter, HP IBM etc.

--->>>Some old fibre channel switches have failed during an equipment move.

what appeaned with the old switches ?

TechHelp24
rob
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your response. I'm in the UK and have tried phoning Brocade using the numbers that they publish on the website but they are not working. I've also tried emailing the support address but I just get an automated response saying my email address is not registered for support. If anyone can provide a phone number for the support team in the US that I can phone from here I'll give that a try.

Thanks again.

Rob

External Moderator

rob,

--->>> I've also tried emailing the support address but I just get an automated response saying my email address is not registered for support.

This is correct. If you dont have any Active maintenance Contract, unknown/unregistered e-mail will reject ny Brocade Support.

to my preview question, what is the problem/issu with the old switches ?

Is here a Hardware Problem or FOS Problem ?

Model, FOS release, etc...?

TechHelp24
rob
New Contributor

Hello

The old switches are Qlogic and there has been a hardware failure on one of them so little hope of getting them working. We were due to replace them soon with the Brocade ones but not tonight. I guess we will just have to wait until we can contact our reseller in the UK later this morning. I was just hoping to be able to contact Brocade directly to find a temp licence key.

Thanks for your advice.

Rob

External Moderator

rob.

use please this both e-mail address, and resend you e-mail.

SupportOrders@brocade.com

maintcontracts@brocade.com

I'm sorry I have no other Tip at the moment.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

BTW

in order to obtain a Temp license, brocade need Exact WWN Address and Serial Number each swicth.

specify in you e-mail wich License you need, as example, Full Fabric License, is not a POD License.

If the swich not have all Port License and you need more Port, you must ask additional for a POD Temp LIC

TechHelp24
rob
New Contributor

Thanks for your help.

Rob

External Moderator

Good Luck, and Merry Christmas.

santa_claus_with_list.gif

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.

I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thanks!

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.