Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

switched to ldap authentication on brocade 6510 and now can't login

I was working on getting a 6510 switch configured to use Active Directory to login.  I set the Primary AAA Service as my ldap servers that I setup and forgot to put anything for a secondary aaa service.  I misconfigured the AD portion and no I cannot log into the switch.  No local users from the switch database are working.  How do you recover from this misconfiguration?

Valued Contributor

Re: switched to ldap authentication on brocade 6510 and now can't login

I believe that RS232 console port will help you. Don't forget to set it to 9600-8-N-1 and flow control to "NONE".
New Contributor

I was able to connect via a serial cable but all the local switch accounts aren't working.  Is there anything specific that I need to do?

New Contributor

When I say aren't working I mean that I get a authentication failure when I use the username / password.

Frequent Contributor

I once had a case where the admin didn't put "ldap; local" in quotes, which is a mean thing in a linux-based CLI. As the rest of the configuration was not set up correctly, he ended up with ldap only without a possibility to reach the ldap server. It was solved by connecting via serial and unplug the LAN cable for at least 10 minutes. After that time the switch moved back to local authentification. The admin was then able to log in. If in your case the passwords are also unknown in addition, you need to do the normal password recovery... (boot in single user mode)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.