Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

silkworm 3250 : The compact flash (CF), used in Connectrix DS-32B2 switches may become full when upgrading from earlier versions of firmware to 5.2.2

Hi Guys,

I am encountering the below message when try to update the firmware to 5.2.2.

silkworm 3250 : The compact flash (CF), used in Connectrix DS-32B2 switches may become full when upgrading from earlier versions of firmware to 5.2.2

I run df command silkworm 3250 and it show me result:

Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root               120112     64972     55140  64% /
/dev/hda2               120128     58324     61804  67% /mnt

As I understand , I have to do some clean up, but HOW and WHAT files I can remove to do some cleanup ?

Please help. Thank you.

External Moderator

Re: silkworm 3250 : The compact flash (CF), used in Connectrix DS-32B2 switches may become full when upgrading from earlier versions of firmware to 5.2.2

Choon,

the message is strange, because by 64% and 67% you are in range.

However you can with command "savecore" for details refer the CLI guide, move and delete dump file if any is available.

Do that and let me know.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark and "Rate" as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

TechHelp24
Frequent Contributor

Re: silkworm 3250 : The compact flash (CF), used in Connectrix DS-32B2 switches may become full when upgrading from earlier versions of firmware to 5.2.2

TechHelp is spot on as always.

Here are the commands that may be useful:

Switch:root> df -h                           # as root user

Switch:admin> supportSave       # to collect all current data in case it may be required at a later time

Switch:admin> supportSave -R  # this will remove all FDDC from flash

Switch:admin> tracedump -S      # to check if the switch has a dump file

Switch:admin> tracedump -R     # in case there is any, clear it up using this command

Switch:root> df -h                           # as root user

Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

Hi,

Also the command 'cleanup' executed as root user will free up space in the flash.

Rgds

New Contributor

Hi Guys.
   Thanks for the prompt reply. I will try it and keep you update.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.