Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

portperfshow reports 0 traffic

Hi !

External Moderator

Re: portperfshow reports 0 traffic

Hi,Whit the command "slotshow" can you check if is the appropriate Blade Enable. See here for details the v5.0.1 Command Reference Manuals.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi !The blade was considered a DOA and a new one was inserted the day before yesterday. This last board activated correctly but after about 15 minutes of extensive testing. The burninlevel is zero on both directors and they are identically configured and run same Brocade OS (5.0.3). I have no ideea why more comprehensive selftests were run on the board, except maybe brocade OS activated itself more comprehensive tests after the first board failed to initialize. Anyway after the tests, all ports came online okay.

Occasional Contributor

bandit_sw0:admin> slotshow----

At the moment when the first blade was installed in slot 2 , a week ago, and failed, it was reported normal by chassisshow.

External Moderator

Hi, I hope this help, good luck!

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi !The "bandit" switch passes traffic just as it's sister director (gonzo) does, only it doesn't report it.

External Moderator

Hi gerogedone,Are here in the "bandit" Switch pheriphery connected ? ex. Server and/or Storage Device ? I am a little surprised that all port show "0" it's appear that not any device is connected.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi TechHelp24,bandit_sw0:admin>

Contributor

Did you ever get this fixed?

I am having a similar problem on a DCX and I suspect an Hafailover might be needed.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.