Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

port error: Laser_flt

hi,

one of my switch is displaying caution symbol and in eventlog i seen due to faulty port . switchshow for that port is showing

Laser_flt

222 10   20   xxxxx   idN4   Laser_Flt   FC

so either SFP or cable are faulty ?

how can i get the information of this port activity log , like when it intially started getting error  ?

bec of port down i can't find which device is connected to this port , also due to not keep track of docs how can we figure it out the

device which is connected to this port before it went down?

i am on learning curve of brocade family..thank you in advance for help

Valued Contributor

Re: port error: Laser_flt

so either SFP or cable are faulty ?

No cable, its the SFP at fault.

Check by means of sfpshow {port#}

how can i get the information of this port activity log , like when it intially started getting error  ?

This depends, if the laser was degrading gradually you could have detected it with loss of sync / loss of signal and the speed downstep (as its in Negotiate mode).

bec of port down i can't find which device is connected to this port , also due to not keep track of docs how can we figure it out the

device which is connected to this port before it went down?

If you use DID/PID zoning you know which device is connected if you have decent names for zones and aliases.

If you use wwn, try to determine it by using nsshow nsmembershow.

To speed up troubleshooting in the future you can use SANHealth to get a quick layout of your fabrics.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.