Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

nsallshow - command reports a different number of ports when run on different san switches in the same san fabric

We have numerous SAN switches in one of our SAN fabrics.

I was expecting to get the same results when I ran the nsallshow command on any one of the SAN switches in the same san fabric. BUT the number of ports reported are different !. Can anyone tell me why they differ ?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: nsallshow - command reports a different number of ports when run on different san switches in the same san fabric

Is this a routed environment with 7800 or FX8-24 blades?

New Contributor

Re: nsallshow - command reports a different number of ports when run on different san switches in the same san fabric

Its not , but the 48000 was configured as backbone switch  in a routed fabric as part of a proof of concept exercise that was never taken any further.

Today we attempted to get the name server table updated by promoting one of the other switches in the fabric to become the principal. The switch did become the principal but the name server table was still incorrect

New Contributor

today we carried out the following

1.Ran the nsallshow command - the command still reported the WRONG number of port entries.

2. Issued the "reboot -f " command on director that was reporting the incorrect number of port entries

After the "reboot -f " command had completed successfully

================================================

3. Re-ran the nsallshow command  - the results of the command now report the CORRECT  number of port entries.

4. Did a second "reboot -f " ( this made sure that both of the CPs had been re-booted and the active CP was back to where it was at the start ofthis exercise)

All OK now

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.