Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

merging zones

I have another setup where I need to merge fabrics.

Occasional Contributor

Re: merging zones

Joe,Bert.

Contributor

There's nothing special about the principal switch in this regard. Follow the rules for your source zones and they should merge without an issue.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I have run the zone merger check and I have fixed all issues apart from 1. It saysDoes anyone know what exactlt this means?

Contributor

Every zone has to have the same membership on each switch prior to the merge. Not only that, but the members have to be in the same order.In other words, if you have a zone on switch 1 with members "a;b", on switch 2 the zone must contain "a;b" and not "b;a".

Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the confusion but I have 2 switches. Both switches don't have any zones with the same name. They are two seperate san fabrics and I want to merge them. I don't have any idea how I get round this error I now have

Occasional Contributor

if i don't have any zones with the same names on these 2 switches can I ignore this message?

External Moderator

Joe,Example: If you will merge the switch with currect config, and here is trunking enable, but the second switch don't have a Trunking License you get a Merge Error.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

brocade 4900 with v5.2.1the pid format is set to 1

External Moderator

Joe,

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.