Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

is there any precautions that should be taken into consideration before/while upgrading to FOS 7.2.0a of two fiber switches DS-300B cascaded together?

hi all,
I have 4 fiber DS-300B in my environment, each 2 are cascaded to each other.

I am going to add a new SAN storage and they asked to upgrade there fw from v6.4.4c to v7.2.0a.
the customer is going to shutdown the application, good thing i am going to do the upgrade in one shot.

my question is please:

should I download firmware on both fiber switches at the same time, or i can upgrade the first switch's firmware than upgrade the second while my cascaded configuration stay as it is and the zones configuration too?

thanks for the help.

Best regards

Contributor

Re: is there any precautions that should be taken into consideration before/while upgrading to FOS 7.2.0a of two fiber switches DS-300B cascaded together?

I do think you an upgrade one by one that shouldn't have any sort of impact.

Occasional Contributor

Re: is there any precautions that should be taken into consideration before/while upgrading to FOS 7.2.0a of two fiber switches DS-300B cascaded together?

thank you Thrinath.

Frequent Contributor

You cannot go from 6.4 to 7.2 in one step. You need to follow an upgrade path via 7.0, 7.1 and then 7.2. Take the latest patch release in each code-stream otherwise you might hit some nasty bugs underway.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.