Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

invalid domain ID -1 when doing performance query

Hello,

External Moderator

Re: invalid domain ID -1 when doing performance query

Hi atech,By Change the ID, from Example 5 ( also teh Old ID ) to in you case 1 New ID , the Zoning have the Old ID also here the 5.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks for the note TechHelp24. I just want to add more information. Both switches had an ID of 1. I changed the id on switch2 to "5". After doing that I made some zoning changes ( renamed some alias ) and saved the config to the switch. Then I tried to connect them and they segmented with some zone conflict according to the error message. I'm in the process of fixing the zones. Now I can not run Performance on either one. I get that same error message on both. If I go to the CLI or the zone GUI I see the correct ID on each switch ( 1 on switch1 and 5 on switch2 ). I have WWN zoning. Did I miss something when I changed the ID? Or something got corrupted when they segmented? Thanks again.

Occasional Contributor

Ladies and Gents.If they had another firmware, I'd have flashed it. Any ideas anyone?

External Moderator

Hi,3) Is the switch configure as Interoperabilty Mode or as Standard Brocade Mode ? and which is the currect Domain ID "number" ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

TechHelp247I think understand what you say about InterOp mode. But they are not directly connected other switches, let alone non-brocade ones. It has no neighbours.

External Moderator

Domain ID are correct, the error you get --->>> 'invalid domain id or domain id is missing from the fabricinfo data page'.

TechHelp24
N/A

Hi!

I've got the same error after upgrading my 200E from 5.0.1b to any higher version. The cure is:

1) Telnet to device

2) run "fabricshow" from CLI

3) run Performance monitor from GUI

4) Voila!

Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I got the same error after adding another switch to the fabric. 

Added 6500B v7.2.1 to DS-5100B v6.3.1a and cli show all good, "fabricshow" "porterrshow" and "switchshow" 

On the WebTool when I click on the Performance Monitor Tab on DS-5100B I get this error and 6500B works fine. 

"Got invalid domain id -1 or domain id is missing in Fabricinfo data page"

This looks to be not a domain issue, has anyone encounter this issue? 

I tried on Chrome, Firefox and IE 10 and it is all the same... 

External Moderator

post both switces "switchshow" output please.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.