Fibre Channel (SAN)

Super Contributor

if 48K is hardbooted, does the switch goes to default FID 128 and change the swicthname also

Hi, I experienced a starnge thing today, one of my 48K CP CP1 failed over to CP0 and after some time again it failed over to CP1. CP1 showed active CP but not pinging and not accessible and CP0 is with amber LED. what we did we did a dummy replacement of CP0, but amber LEd was still there.we pulled the CP1 and did a hard boot, after some time cp0 amber LED vanished, but I found the sw name is changed and a trunk of 24 Gbps segmented showing (zone conflict) is thes ehappens? now I disconnected ISLs and did a switchdisable, cfgdisable and configure like a new sw. Now it is running fine. I could not understand why after hardboot, these thinsg happened

Super Contributor

Re: if 48K is hardbooted, does the switch goes to default FID 128 and change the swicthname also

any answer to this question?

Super Contributor

Re: if 48K is hardbooted, does the switch goes to default FID 128 and change the swicthname also

well, we replaced a new Cp blade, did a FOS upgrade and befor ethat we did hadisable on active CP. now we rebooted the replaced CP. after rebooting this cp came as unknown: , then we removed the CP blade and inserted again. after that also it shows unknown: I came to know that this is a bug in 6.2.0g from hp forum and they have mentioned to do haenable on active CP, can anyone confirm me that this will help me as this is a production Fabric.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.