Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

how to setup email notification in DCFM

Hi,

I am trying to setup email notification for our switches in DCFM.  I enabled "Email notifcation" in "Monitor" tab and also enabled email notification for the user "administrator". But I didn't receive any email. Is there something I missing?

Your response is much appreciated.

Contributor

Re: how to setup email notification in DCFM

Cindy it looks like the one step you missed (because you didn't list it) was to setup the advanced event filtering. This can be found in the DCFM Admin guide in Chapter 7. This informs DCFM exactly which events the user will be notified.

New Contributor

I config the advanced event filtering too. I followed the steps in DCFM admin guide. The weird thing is I created a new user and enabled the email notification for the new user. It worked. Then I changed the notification email, it never worked since then no matter what email address I put there.

Contributor

Cindy

The weird thing is I created a new user and enabled the email notification for the new user. It worked. - Email notification worked for this new user account with it's email address - correct?

Then I changed the notification email, it never worked since then no matter what email address I put there. - You changed the email address for the new user? I'm trying to get clarification of the steps you did to resolve this as it is unclear.

New Contributor

HI Jdaignea,

Yes. After I changed the email address of the new user, it never worked.  I even tried to create another new user, it never worked.

Somebody told me it's a bug in 11.1.1 version. Are you aware of this issue before ?

Contributor

Yes Cindy I have heard of these issues before. Generally speaking I believe the software upgrade approach is what way to go.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.