Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

how to set up brocades 5200's to send email alerts

Hello,

I have a couple of switches that I like to set up alerts for, whenever there's an error/issue. I am on FOS v5.2.1, and cant seem to locate this option anywhere in the web ui. I do have fabric watch license.

thanks in advance!

Occasional Contributor

Re: how to set up brocades 5200's to send email alerts

Its the button labeled 'Watch' under the picture of the switch. You can enter the address, send a test email, and configure the alerts.

Occasional Contributor

found it, thanks! however, it doesnt appear to work. I have set up dns and domain and entered a valid email address. When i click on send test email, I can see it say "send test email done", but thats about it.

Let me just be a little more specific on how the switched is set up. I have a windows server with (2) nics. 1 of the nic is on the corporate network, and the other is on a private network (connected to a hub). All my brocades are connected to this hub using private ip 192.168.0.1 etc... Do I have to move the brocades onto our corporate network in order for this to work?

Thanks!

External Moderator

What kind of Switch is this Brocade 5200 ?

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.