Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

how do you isl a fc5022 to a cisco 9148

we are setting up a new san that has a cisco 9148 (we want to be master) and fc5022 blade switch. would anyone know how we would isl the two switchs together ?

Valued Contributor

Re: how do you isl a fc5022 to a cisco 9148

Your best option is to configure your blade brocades as access gateways and connect them to respective ciscos in NPIV mode.
New Contributor

thanks for your reply..that is the way my other 7 sans are setup..but uper management wants to go the other way.  I cant seem to find out any information, and ibm (its a flex chasis) is saying that isl will not work

Valued Contributor

That's a pity, because AG/NPIV is the most viable scenario. But AFAIK there is another option - you can configure Brocade-compatible port(s) from the Cisco side. I'm not expert in Cisco, so I can't tell you how this should be done. If my memory doesn't cheat me, you will configure the Cisco ports in a VSAN with special Brocade mode. Strange that IBM didn't tell you about it. But maybe I'm wrong and this is not supported anymore?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.