Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

firmware upgrade brocade 300

HI,

I need to upgrade my firmware of my two brocade 300

I have the 7.0.0c version

I download the last version of the fabric os 7.4.1 in the website of brocade

but when i download with the ftp server he tell me "need files"

I download an other version of the fabric os 7.4.1a in the HP  but he needed to migrate on the version 7.2 before

I download the version of the fabric os 7.2.1 in the site of HP

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=co_159155_1&swEnvOid=54#tab-history

But now he tell me

"The following item(s) need to be addressed before downloading the specified firmware:
Non disruptive firmwaredownload is not supported when firmwaredownload with two versions apart. Please try to use "firmwaredownload" with single mode option enabled.

Firmwaredownload failed."

Please help me

Thanks

External Moderator

Re: firmware upgrade brocade 300

you have to follow this DOC

https://community.brocade.com/t5/Fibre-Channel-SAN/Brocade-Fabric-OS-Target-Path-Technical-Brief/ta-p/63946

from current 7.0.0c to >FOS v7.0.2c/d/e → FOS v7.1.1a/b/c* →FOS v7.2.1a/b/c/d and so on....

otherwise firmwaredownload failed.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks for your help

But now the problem where i can download this firmware ?

External Moderator

By you OEM/ Reseller in this case HP

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I buy the brocade with fujitsu

I find the firmware thank you very much

i don't find the 7.0.2 but the 7.0.1 and after 7.1.0a

I can upgrade ?

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

Until you go to the steps 7.1.X, 7.2.X, 7.3.X, this is ok. Better is to use recommended reseller versions.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Keep in mind that besides the multiple one step upgrades (e.g FOS7.0.0 -> FOS v7.0.2 -> FOS v7.1.1) you could do the following starting from FOS 7.4.0:

Firmware clean install to FOS v7.4.1b from FOS v6.4 or later without retaining any configuration is supported.

But certainly make sure that it is applicable to your environment. It is disruptive.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.