Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

cannot remove zoning on brocade Model 3200

Hi Guys,

I have a problem on removing zones on my two Brocade 3200 model switches. I'm cleaning up unused aliases and zones, I was able to removed the aliases but not the zones. It's looking for the alias which I have removed when I tried removing the zones.

Regards,

kaelo

External Moderator

Re: cannot remove zoning on brocade Model 3200

Is probable this Alias and Zoning coming or are a member from another switch in the Fabric, and the switch was disconnected ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks TH24,

I will try it again and paste the error here.

Contributor

Hi TH24,

I've attached the current zoning config to the switch I'm having problem. The highlighted zones are the ones that I can't removed, is it becauase I've already removed the aliases of the member zones?

What I did to clean up is, remove the aliases and zones but when trying to remove them on the running config it won't let me do it. Appreciate your help on this.

External Moderator

kaelo,

i know this behavior by 3200 and 3800.

--->>>but when trying to remove them on the running config it won't let me do it.

stop the config whit the command "cfgdisable"

You always have to try again, the problem is as I said, the switch looks for the device which are no longer available, and can not raise this device and do not delete.

Sorry i have at the moment no other tip. Another way yis the total reset, which is in the 3200 and 3800 a very critical.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hi TH24,

Thanks for your advised, that should help me a lot.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.