Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

ZONE-TRANS_ABORT

Hi,

Contributor

Re: ZONE-TRANS_ABORT

Fernando - what other tools do you have deployed in your environment? I see this from time to time in my test env. I think it is something from EMC ECC. Don't know what exactly it's trying to do though.

Contributor

We have HDS 9980V connected and for the management we have Veritas SanPoint Control, hope this helps

Frequent Contributor

Veritas SPC uses the Brocade API, and their methodology (ECC does the same thing too) for obtaining zoning information via the Brocade API involves taking the zoning transaction flag, obtaining the information that they need, and then releasing the zoning transaction flag. This release without writing to the zone DB causes the message you are seeing. Basically it is done for speed reasons. When an API application takes the transaction flag it can get the zoning info faster, and the application is being "nice" and releasing the flag instead of holding it, so that someone else can update zoning if needed.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.