Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

XPath OS firmware for the Multiprotocol Router

I have two 7420s that need to be upgraded to XPath OS v7.3.0. I can't find firmware upgrade pkgs anywhere. Any ideas? thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: XPath OS firmware for the Multiprotocol Router

You're supposed to be able to get the firmware from the company that supports your routers. Also, you'll make sure you are still supported by getting the firmware that your vendor has qualified.

Occasional Contributor

I've heard that response from my Brocade rep as well. However, the beauty of the MPR is that you can integrate multiple Vendor SANs. So if I'm integrating an EMC and IBM SAN I'm worried that they will have different requirements and possibly require a different version of firmware.

Regular Contributor

Then if you own switches from each vendor, just open a ticket from each and ask what they require.If the version each requires is different, then usually you can make the vendor support a certain configuration that you want to run. Just work with your vendor SE on that. Depending on the size of your shop, they are usually willing to work with you.

New Contributor

Depends where you bought your routers. HP has the firmware on their website, IBM has a link to the brocade website where you can find the firmware.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.