Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Where to get "Password Reset Firmware" for Brocade SAN Switch 3200

Hallo,

i bought an IBM TotalStorage Fiber Channel 8-Port SAN Switch Model 3534-F08 at ebay for a few bugs; which is identical to a brocade 3200; but i don't have any passwords for admin, root and factory. This box seems to run Fabric OS v3.1.1 (see blow).

Fabric OS (tm) Release v3.1.1d

login: admin
Password:
Login incorrect

The documentation states that the only way of a total reset is running the so called password reset firmware. I have checked brocase but i was not able to find this software; Where can i get this firmware?!

/Michael

Regular Contributor

Re: Where to get "Password Reset Firmware" for Brocade SAN Switch 3200

[ Edited ]
It is a procedure for which you need an active support contract.

Did you try the default pwds? password or fibranne the ones to try for root.
Or contact the seller to get pwds.
New Contributor

Thanks for your response; 

Yes i have tried the default passwords for admin,root and factory :-(

The procedure to reset the passwords is described in a document from Jan 2012/53-1000114-05 called "Fabric OS Password Recovery Notes"; so i though that the firmware might be available some where  for the public.

My intentention is to use this box to setup a development and test environment for open source projects a few bugs.  Proably i need to get in touch with brocade sales to get some help?

/Michael

Regular Contributor

That recovery firmware is tailor made (fos level and wwn) against your switch.

Yes you can try getting in touch wi Brocade to see if the can help you out/sponsor you.

New Contributor

Interesting; while reading the documntation it did not get such an impression; it was more reading

like a generic piece of recovery software which i have to parametrize via the boot parameters to match

my infrastructure.

Certainly i don't know anything about the wwn of the original owner of this box! I want to get rid of

everything!

I send an email in to morning; lets see whether they are willing to read and to react to it :-)

/Michael

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe if used the wrong word, so I copypasted the part, were it states it will work once for the switch you specified (by wwn and fos level).

Password Recovery firmware:

Provide the exact Fabric OS version and the WWN of the switch to your support provider with a request for the Password Recovery firmware. This firmware can be launched only once, and it recovers the password for the specific switch only.

Either way, better to contact Brocade or the OEM or the sellers ogh and if you lucky the wwn is readable on the identification stickers/labels

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.