Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Where to get FOS6.2.0.c

I'm trying to upgrade two DS300B's we have in our data centre from 6.1.0.j to 6.3.1a and according to the docs 6.2.0.c is an interim step - but that firmware doesn't appear in the download list for me - so 2 questions - is it true I need 6.2.0c and secondly if so where can I get it?

Thanks

Mark

Super Contributor

Re: Where to get FOS6.2.0.c

Hi Mark,

--> is it true I need 6.2.0c --> answer NO

--> secondly if so where can I get it --> answer: From the web portal of your support partner. Brocade does not provide a public download area if you have no Brocade contract. 

Here is the recommendation from the releasenotes of 6.3.1b:

Recommended Migration Paths to FOS v6.3.1b

Migrating from FOS v6.1.x

For units currently operating at FOS v6.1.x, Brocade recommends using FOS v6.2.2b as a migration path to v6.3.1b in order to reduce risk of exposure to known issues at the v6.2.x code levels.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assist let me know.

Andreas

New Contributor

Re: Where to get FOS6.2.0.c

Thanks Andreas,

FOS v6.2.2b and then 6.3.1b it is then!

Support call logged via our distibutor to get them - I had been hoping to get them on Saturday as we had an available SAN change window and testing time whilst I was upgrading our other (older) McData Fabrics but it will have to wait until after Christmas now.

Mark

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.