Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Where is more info on D-Port output-Failure report

portdporttest --show -detail command provides details on D-Port test results. In that output there is a section Failure report:
Remote port error(s):  

Is there somewhere documentation available that explains the reported errors ? i.e. GENERIC

Thanks for letting me know and regards.

Jan C

Brocade Moderator

Re: Where is more info on D-Port output-Failure report

Hi Jan ,

Use portstatsshow and porterrshow for more details on the above errors.
Refer to file /var/tmp/dport/portx_stats.txt, for link statistics prior to the port was set to D-Port.

Regards

Jerome

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique.
If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please
mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your reply. We don't have the habit to manage our devices as root but I assume that the same information in /var/tmp/dport/portx_stats.txt is also obtained via portdporttest --show -detail {port command}.

I've attached the output.

As you can see there are no porterrors before and during the test. So I try to understand why the test failed.

In the failure report section.

Failure report:
Local port error(s):    GENERIC

So I was looking for documentation that could explain me the 'GENERIC' in this case.

Do you have any idea, based upon the attached output, what's the root cause of the failed d-port test?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Jan C

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

From attached output, it is looking that not enough frames are coming back. Looking at the amount frames sent and the recevied - send 11 frames and recevied 7, which means that the test was not really succesfull. Normally it is a million frames send over the link. So, it never got up and running properly - what is configuration or setup on the remote side?  Looking good power level and a short distance link?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.