Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
sajith_1

Where can I find Brocade Sales tools such as Configurator?

Hi,

I want to propose some of the Brocade SAN switches for a particular datacenter solution. For that purpose, I want to have  Sales Tools, i.e. Brocade Switch configurator tool (such as e-configurator for IBM products) in order to generate Bill Of Material and List pricing details.

Where can I find those sales tools?

Thank  you in advanced.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Re: Where can I find Brocade Sales tools such as Configurator?

Greetings sajith.  I must say... your timing on this question could not be any more perfect if you tried.  We literally juuuust rolled out the *new* Brocade Configurator within the last couple of weeks.  You can configure the products of interest then produce an exportable BOM.

Link to the Brocade Configurator:  https://brocade.bigmachines.com/commerce/display_company_profile.jsp

Presentation on how to use:  Brocade Product Configurator FAQ

here is a screenshot of what the first page looks like.  One helpful tip that i recently learned and figured i'd pass on.  You can either create an account and log in, or continue as a 'guest'.  The advantage of creating an account, it will remember your configs.  So if you need to come back later, you wont need to start over. 

screenshot.png

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Occasional Contributor
sajith_1

Hi Meversol,

Thank you very much for the link and the infornation provided. I just went there and it looks cool and I am quite sure it will help to increase productivy and overall sales

However, In that tool I only found Ethernet switches. Does the configurator support SAN switches too?

For an example, the proposed solution (as above) consist of two Brocade 300 SAN switches. In that case, where can I get a Bill Of Materials along with software feature codes (i.e. license details)?? and of cause list pricing too?

Thank you in advanced

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

I spoke to the implementation team.  At this current phase for the Brocade Configurator, it is just as you pointed out, just IP and our Ethernet Fabrics portfolio.  If and when this changes I'll post to the Communities page to let everyone know.  I've made a note to let you know specifically too.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.