Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Hi Everybody,

Which command is used to know the fabric name and list of virtual fabric in dcx?

I can't see the fabric name in the fabricshow command.It lists all the switches in the fabric.

Thanks in advance

Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

farbics are identified as unique ID rather in my knowledge http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/glossaries/Brocade_SAN_glossary.pdf

Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

"switchshow" will display the fabric name if one is configured. See sample output below:

switch_25:FID7:admin> switchshow

switchName: switch_25

switchType: 66.1

switchState: Online

switchMode: Native

switchRole: Principal

switchDomain: 30

switchId: fffc1e

switchWwn: 10:00:00:05:1e:82:3c:2c

zoning: OFF

switchBeacon: OFF

FC Router: OFF

Fabric Name: MktFab7

Regular Contributor

Hi sushant.beura,

in the default switch perform: configshow -all | grep 'Fabric ID'. You will see all virtual switches fabric ID.

Then perform: configshow -all | grep fabric.name. You will see alld Fabric Names.

When you will have a connection from Frabic ID to the Fabric Name:

Perform for each Fabric ID found with the first command: configshow -fid # | grep fabric.name, where # is the Fabric ID.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf
New Contributor

Hi Bill,

I tried this command also before, but not getting the fabric Name. I think fabric name has not been given in my case at the time of initial configuration.

Thanks..

New Contributor

Hi Ralf,

I am able to get all the FID with configshow command but fabricname was not there. i think it is not given at the time configuration.

I have a question here. I can see the fabric names in DCFM for all switches. Is the fabric name in DCFM applicable to switch or we need to give a fabric name in switch end also.

Thanks..

Regular Contributor

Hi,

you will see the fabricname in the configshow output only if you have configured it with the command fabriname.

Otherwise aou wuill see nothing.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf
Frequent Contributor

fabric name is common across all the switches in a given fabric. i guess this would be one time thing and not needed  to update on each switches we add in the fabirc.. any corrections

Frequent Contributor

Using the fabricname --set command without a fabric name takes the existing fabric name and
synchronizes it across the entire fabric. An error message displays if no name is configured.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.