Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

What is %22Monitoring and Alerting System notification - Rule fw_def_ALL_CIRCUITSCIR_PKTLOSS_AL_0%22

I'm getting several of these but I'm unable to find anything with Google.  Is it trying to tell me I have a problem with my metro mirror connection?

Brocade Moderator

Re: What is %22Monitoring and Alerting System notification - Rule fw_def_ALL_CIRCUITSCIR_PKTLOSS_AL_0%22

[ Edited ]

Hello,

It is looking like that Fabric Watch is configured for monitor the packet loss for FCIP circuits on your network.

Configuration should be done with a high threshold. Message indicate that circuit 3/22/0 has reached 22% of packet loss for that circuit.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: What is %22Monitoring and Alerting System notification - Rule fw_def_ALL_CIRCUITSCIR_PKTLOSS_AL_0%22

Thanks for your response.  The 22% is Brocade's conversion of my double-quotes.  Is the threshold changeable or can it only be set at the time the tunnel is defined? 

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

The threshold is changeable at any time.

Attached is the documentation about Fabric Watch configuration.

Page 61 describes this specific configuration for 7.2 FOS release.

You can find on www.mybrocade.com the same documentation avaiblable for the FOS release that you are using on your Brocade switches.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

For me it looks that you converted your existing Fabric Watch rules when you enabled MAPS.

So you should have a look into the MAPS documentation if you want to change this rule and a look into Fabric Watch documentation if you want to lookup what the rule triggers. Area = Packet loss; Description : The number of packets routed through a port exceeds the port bandwith. The default threshold settings are : Unit : Errors, Time Base : minute, Low : 0, High: 10, Buffer 0. The default alarm settings for Below and Above are 0 and the Threshold sate : Informative or Out_of_range.

Hope this helps.

Jan C.

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.