Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Web tools authentication fails but SSH/telnet works fine !

we have 200E and 4100 switches running 5.0.1b firmware. All of the switches are in one fabric and I can no longer autheticate to the switch via webtools. Only SSH or telnet work.

External Moderator

Re: Web tools authentication fails but SSH/telnet works fine !

Hi AlanVH,probably is the Java plug-in ? Reinstall or Upgrade this. Can you see there Switch whit Internet Explorer ? Is both work i assume they have any Network Config error.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I can see it with IE and Firefox. I tried from 8 different machines in our office same result. Various versions of Java. Upgraded mine to update 7, no luck, uninstalled and installed the one that auto installs when you contact the switch the first time without java (1.4 ) still no luck.Only Putty access via SSH/Telnet to the switches. Web tools will not authenticate. In the window it gives a 500 response code(see attached screen shot). Which http 500 is general internal server error. Is there a way to restart just the web server portion on the 4100 or do I have to bounce the switch? Fastboot won’t stop I/O, but will it restart the services?

External Moderator

Hi AlanVH,Please note that fastboot Stop for a short time the Connectivity.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Fixed it.Thanks for the help.

External Moderator

Hi Alan,fine that they problem is resolved. Thanks for the Info.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.