Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Web Tools beacon buttons do not work

When I try to turn on switch beacon or chassis beacon from SwitchExplorer Web Tools GUI button I get a message "portPeerBeacon enabled on a port: 0 in logical switch -1, Please disable it and try again". How do I clear this condition? There is no logical switch -1. I can turn on the switch or chassis beacon from the command line, so why does the GUI button not work?
Brocade Moderator

Re: Web Tools beacon buttons do not work

Hello,

In CLI mode, you can use:

chassisbeacon 1 (for enable this) or

chassisbeacon 0 (for disable this)

Or ou can use:

switchbeacon 1 (for enable this) or

switchbeacon 0 (for disable this)

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Looking like that all 3 commands for beacon are independent, so try to make sure that

chassisbeacon, switchbeacon and portbecon are not enable and try again with GUI.

I'm looking if I can find something more on this.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Does port 0 is an ISL?

PortPeerBeacon has been initiated from peer swicth for port 0?

-1 could be the wrong representation of DID that send the portPeerBeacon.

Issue portPeerBeacon --show -all on the local and peer switch connected on port 0 to see if something is enable.

Brocade Moderator

CLI works, and WebTools doesn't work for the same element, and you're getting obtuse messaging from the switch, I'd be investigating my Java JRE version on the management server.

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Occasional Contributor

I am getting the same error message from four switches. I am using latest Java 8 on management servers. However, I ran Web Tools GUI from an old server on the same subnet with Java 7 update 79 and got the same error. "portPeerBeacon --show -all" shows no PortPeerBeacon enabled ports on any switch. This is the first time I have worked with Brocade equipment, and it is disheartening to find things that just do not work. SwitchExplorer would not launch from Firefox. The Web Tools GUI does not let me beacon the switch.
Brocade Moderator

Hello,

What is the FOS version installed into the switches?

During the beacon process, have you first try by CLI and then by webtools or the reverse?

Does others switches installed are working fine with webtools beacon feature?

Which tab in webtools are you using?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.