Occasional Contributor
Walter_1

Warnings on FOS upgrade

Was doing a firmwaredownload on a switch this morning and got these warnings:

warning: /etc/ld.so.conf created as /etc/ld.so.conf.rpmnew

warning: /etc/passwd created as /etc/passwd.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/chassisid created as /etc/fabos/chassisid.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/fabos.0.conf created as /etc/fabos/fabos.0.conf.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/fabos.chassis.conf created as /etc/fabos/fabos.chassis.conf.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.csr created as /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.csr.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.key created as /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.key.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.pp created as /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.pp.rpmnew

warning: /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.rootcrt created as /etc/fabos/pki/switch.0.rootcrt.rpmnew

The upgrade was successful, and the switch is working normally.

Are these of any concern ?

thanks!

--- walter

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Re: Warnings on FOS upgrade

Greetings Walter.  Are you logged in as 'Root'?

Occasional Contributor
Walter_1

As admin

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Thanks for reply Walter.  I dont think its anything to be alarmed about, but I'm looking into this and will let you know ASAP.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Ok, so i knocked on a few engineering doors on this one.  Basically the switch (PKI) certificates are getting rewritten and when this occurs, these messages will be produced.  But in addition to that, it is confirmed there is nothing to be alarmed about and these 'warnings' are simply to alert what is occurring.  Hope that helps Walter. 

Occasional Contributor
Walter_1

I kind of figured that, just did not see it on a couple switches I did the other day.

Or maybe I was not paying attention.

thanks muchly!

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

You are most welcome Walter and feel free to raise anything that looks out of the ordinary like that.  Have a great day!

Regular Contributor
Guldmyr

Hi, to me it looks like the PKI certificates are not being overwritten, but indeed rewritten into a separate file that won't be used unless there are further actions taken by the firmware upgrade.

"warning: /etc/passwd created as /etc/passwd.rpmnew"

This means that when rpm upgrades a program/package (PAM perhaps?) it doesn't install the password file that comes with the new version, because that would overwrite the existing password file and you would lose your passwords. So instead it writes the file that comes with the package to /etc/passwd.rpmnew.

fedora - Why do I have .rpmnew file after an update? - Server Fault

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.