Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Warning with SW3014 FC-SW OS Version not compatible

I have Dell Brocade SW3014 running Fabric OS 4.4.1.a and I am having issues connecting it to my McData DS-24M2 switch.  I am getting a warning on the port 13 FC-SW OS version not compatible.  I have the McData switch using the McData Fabic OS and  if I switch it over to Open Fabic the port does not connect at all and goes into segmented.  I do have a full fabric license on the SW3014.

External Moderator

Re: Warning with SW3014 FC-SW OS Version not compatible

First, FOS 4.4.1a is around 5 Years old.

Second, to conect McData DS-24M2 switch with brocade, you need on Both Switch a compatible FabOS and FW.

And finaly, Domain ID must be set correct on both Switches, and Interop-Mode must be changed.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Yes I know old OS that I why I am thinking this is the last issue.

Domain IDs are unique and both are set in inter-op mode 1.

I am waiting for my vendor to get me an updated OS version.

External Moderator

Sorry my ignorance please , when your know the problem, what is the reason you post a question here ?

I am just a little confused.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I posted this one because I wanted to make sure I was clear on what the issue is and second this was before I contacted the vendor.  I like to hear from real world techs not just ones reading a script!!! Know what I mean?

External Moderator

OK.

In order of upgrade the Blade Switch 3014, you need to Upgrade in more Step until the latest Supported rel.

Same by the McDATA, you need a Compatible and supported FW Rel.

You wrote here:

--->>> Domain IDs are unique....

what are the current Domain ID n both Switches ?

Please Note, Domain ID must be correct set in McDATA Hex mode, and Brocade switche's must have the correct Domain ID

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.