Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Upgrade from 4.4.0b > 5.0.5a > 5.1.0d - WebTools not so much working ;)

Hi

External Moderator

Re: Upgrade from 4.4.0b > 5.0.5a > 5.1.0d - WebTools not so much working ;)

Finnzi,BTW, please note that Blade switch 3016 are not supported by v5.1.x her is supported v.5.0.x FabOS.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hello,I would suggest checking if you can connect to your switches over port 80 from the subnet you are trying to use Webtools on. If you can't and you have firewalls inbetween the switches subnets get port 80 open for both directions on one switch to test. If this doesn't fix it try adding the IP's to the exclude list on the firewalls.

External Moderator

Hi, answer between the Message!

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I did check the gateway address with my network group. The IP is correct.Thank you for you help.

External Moderator

Hi Amikes!-&gt;&gt;&gt; if they say IP's are correct, will like that be.<BR><BR>I also moved the switches into different vLANs, and had my network group verify the IP's I was using. <BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; if they say are correct, will like that be.-&gt;&gt;&gt; That is what i mean of my last answer, you must check if the <span class="ev_code_RED">VLAN/Gateway</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">trough/between</span> the Firewall is correct Configured.<BR>"I understand you think it is a vLAN configuration issue." <BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; Yes correct, I understnd from you Message Posted same Data Wed November 08 2006 08:40 AM follow:Please Inform.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Amikes, collect they please whit Hyper terminal or another Terminal Program you use whit "traceroute" all result from LAN A to LAN B; and from LAN B to LAN A inbetween the Brocade Switches and the Firewall and check if all IP Address respond or any IP Address is missing. If is possible WARNING and you not have in the IP Address list secretly internal IP Address</span>, post the here, otherview please No Post. Surely is Surely &lt;!graemlin:Smiley Happy&gt;but they say the result here.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Hi Amikes, do they have a result?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Sorry I haven't been able to get the results yet. I was out sick on Nov 13th. I just read your message from Nov 10th at 11:06 pm.Why this is useful for me to know, because our configuration in production has most switches in an isolated management network and the blade Center switches are in a different isolated management network and the two networks are not suppose to communicate over TCP/IP. I'll need to have firewall rules configure, if there is no other way to fix this issue.

Occasional Contributor

OK I ran the trace routes to all IP's in the fabric. They are complete. This is because the firewalls allow trace route and ping to any device.Thanks, amikes

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.