Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Upgrade Fabric OS version

I currently have two EMC DS-4100B's (Brocade 4100) that were purchased used.

They are running 5.0.1d and have the issue of rebooting every couple weeks.

I am trying to find firmware (Fabric OS) downloads, but EMC says I need to contact Brocade since they were used.

Brocade says I need an active maint agreement to get access to the downloads, but they don't support used equipment so I can not get a maint agreement.

So my question is can I use this download:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=454521&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=454522&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

and use the HP StorageWorks 4/32 firmware files on this equip??

And if I can, is it ok to upgrade directly from 5.0.1d to 6.2.0b??  Or do I need some internediate steps??

Thanks

Paul

External Moderator

Re: Upgrade Fabric OS version

--->>> Brocade says I need an active maint agreement to get access to the downloads, but they don't support used equipment so I can not get a maint agreement.

The 4100 is EOL, but i think ( not 100% sure ) you can Purchase a Support Main.Contract. Ask Please you Provider or reseller into you Region.

--->>>...is it ok to upgrade directly from 5.0.1d to 6.2.0b??  Or do I need some internediate steps??

NO! Your must Upgrade with intermediate release.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Unfortunately, no I can not purchase a support agreement due to obtaiing this hardware used originally.

Neither EMC or Brocade will sell me maintenance so I can get access to firmware.

External Moderator

If any Product is EOA = End of Availability, is correct that you can not longer Purchase Spare Part and/or Maintenance Contract.

I'am not sure if is the 4100 EOA.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.