Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Unable to see ports on a fc_switch 2 from fc_switch 1 in the same fabric.

Hi,

I had a single switch Brocade 300e environment. I added a second Brocade 300e to the environment called fc2. I have set the Domain ID to 2, ensured that the switchRole was set to subordinate and connected the ISL links and specified that via portconfigislmode 23 1, stating that port 23 is not an ISL port. I also went through the GUI and setup port 23 to be an E port with speed settings set to auto. I can now see both switches in WebTools under the fabric section, fc1 & fc2, however, when I try to zone ports from fc1 to ports on fc2 I can not see the ports on fc2. I have the following lic's on both switches:

8 Gig FC license

Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license

Fabric license

Switch 1

fc1:root> switchshow

switchName:    fc1

switchType:    71.2

switchState:    Online  

switchMode:    Native

switchRole:    Principal

switchDomain:    1

switchId:    fffc01

switchWwn:    (Not Applicable)

zoning:        ON (FabA)

switchBeacon:    OFF

Switch 2

fc2:admin> switchshow

switchName:    fc2

switchType:    71.2

switchState:    Online  

switchMode:    Native

switchRole:    Subordinate

switchDomain:    2

switchId:    fffc02

switchWwn:    (Not Applicable)

zoning:        ON (FabA)

switchBeacon:    OFF

Any thoughts?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Unable to see ports on a fc_switch 2 from fc_switch 1 in the same fabric.

Hi Derek,

that's normal for webtools. You won't see them in the zoning admin starting some code in v6.1x I think. You have 3 options:

1) Use DCFM / BNA professional

2) Zone via CLI

3) Define aliases on both switches. Aliases are zone objects you could see then from the other switch.

By the way, portcfgislmode is something completely different. Don't use that. It's only there for long distance links to establish an ISL without VCs if your DWDM doesn't support them. Nothing to care about if they are just connected by a normal fibercable.

Cheers seb

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.