Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Unable To execute zone management cmd's using ssh with zoneadmin privilege

I have my automated scripts to perform certain switch configuration administrative functions and for the same I have created an user account with "ZONEADMIN" privilege and observed the below error
brcdcx04:admin> userconfig --show e69743 Account name: e69743
Description:
Enabled: Yes
Password Last Change Date: Sat Feb 11 2012 (UTC) Password Expiration Date: Not Applicable (UTC)
Locked: No
Role: zoneadmin
AD membership: 0-10
Home AD: 0
# sshpass -p symantec123 ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no" e69743@brcdcx04 "alicreate"
rbash: alicreate: command not found
#
But when I executed the same command after changing the privilege as "ADMIN" for the same useraccount it worked fine...
brcdcx04:admin> userconfig --show e69743 Account name: e69743
Description:
Enabled: Yes
Password Last Change Date: Sat Feb 11 2012 (UTC) Password Expiration Date: Not Applicable (UTC)
Locked: No
Role: admin
AD membership: 0-10
Home AD: 0
# sshpass -p symantec123 ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no" e69743@brcdcx04 "alicreate"
error: Usage: alicreate "arg1", "arg2"
#
I'm running FOS version minimum of is V6.2.2b to a maximum of v6.4.1a in my fabric ..I need to create multiple user account with "zoneadmin" privilege  to execute configuration change as non-interactive remote command ... Kindly help me to accomplish the same...
The below approaches are not working
# ssh -ax e69743@brcdcx04 "rbash --login -c \"alicreate\""
e69743@brcdcx04's password:
rbash: rbash: command not found
# ssh -ax e69743@brcdcx04 "rbash --login -c 'alicreate'"
e69743@brcdcx04's password:
rbash: rbash: command not found
#

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.