Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
jboscaljon

Trying to run Linux script to ssh to switch and do a configupload to backup configuration.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I am running the script on Host1 to ssh to the switch and do a configupload command to scp the config backup to Host2.  I can sign onto the switch and run the configupload command to Host2 through CLI (non-interactive).  I can run other commands from Host1, ie. zoneshow, nodefind, etc...

But when I run the configupload, I get "Lost Connection".  Any clues?  Is the lost connection coming from the scp and Host2 connection?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
dion.v.d.c

Re: Trying to run Linux script to ssh to switch and do a configupload to backup configuration.

Have you tried save-simply-your-san available in windows bin of phyton source files

Frequent Contributor
SKT

Re: Trying to run Linux script to ssh to switch and do a configupload to backup configuration.

is there a ssh timeout set on the switch?

Valued Contributor
dion.v.d.c

Yes their is, I believe its 5 minutes.

Contributor
bj-n-kc

Went through this with both a Windows and LINUX hosts and never did get it to work correctly.

If you have DCFM installed you can setup DCFM to backup the switch configs on a daily basis. This was how we got around it.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.