Fibre Channel (SAN)

Super Contributor

Transmode TM-3000 DWDM and 8 Gbit Brocade products

Hi all,

did someone have experience with a DWDM Tranmode TM-3000 and Brocade 8 Gbit 5100 switches?

I have looked at the latest Compatibility Matrix from May 2010 but can see only Transmode cards with 4 Gbit speed.

Are there any other cards testes or in production environments which are running on 8 gbit speed?

I can't find the correct card type on the Transmode web site. Only the reference that Transmode is compatible for 1/2/4/8 and 10 Gbit FC.

Our links are 18 km long. I am aware about the need for "Extended Fabric". I am looking for a transparent solution where trunking is possible.

Are there any important thinks to know about Transmode?

Thanks,

Andreas

Super Contributor

Re: Transmode TM-3000 DWDM and 8 Gbit Brocade products

Ask your SAN SW vendor to provide you a solution or DWDM supplier .In current case you will get AN speed 4 Gbps only

Super Contributor

Hello hemant,

thanks for your answer and that you confirm parts of my Question. I am looking for real admin experise with Transmode DWDM devices in the field. I am not intrested some general OEM or supplier/provider statements.

Please read questions more carefully.

Many thanks,

Andreas 

Super Contributor

It i sbetter to ask fo rthe admin guide to the supplier. Or wait in the forum, somebody can help you

N/A

Hi Andreas,

Firstly apologies for the very late reply, this question has just come to my attention. I assume you have probably sorted this out by now, but just in case you still need to know, the answer is that you need to use the Dual 10G Lite Transponder. This is a transparent multi-rate transponder that supports a range of rates including both 8G and 10G FC. It supports pluggable optics so a range of distance options are available so your distance requirements are easily achieved.

This is a very simple card (we also have more complex cards for more demanding transport applications) so this means it is a very low cost solution with very low power consumption (less then 10W per 10G including the chassis power etc when fitted in the TM-102 chassis) and very low latency at less then 4ns for a pair of cards.

The datasheet for the card can be found here:

http://www.transmode.com/doc_download/5-dual-10g-lite-transponder

If you need to get in contact with a local Transmode representative then please let me know.

Best regards

Jon Baldry

Technical Marketing Director

Transmode

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.