Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Time TX Credit Zero value on a Trunk

Hi,

When I look for Credit Zero on ports part of a trunk, all ports give same value.

Does it mean that only the Master Port record TX Credit Zero and slave Ports shows same value as the Master Port?

We use trunk with two ports and even traffics is almost well balanced between ports, value reported for each ports of Trunk are not equal except for TX Credit Zero.

I try to understand this and can't find a correct answer.

Thanks for help,

Brocade Moderator

Re: Time TX Credit Zero value on a Trunk

Hi Bernard,

the master tracks the buffer credit to zero for the trunk (logical ISL) for the Condor based switches. 

Notice if the buffer credits are zero (for a Virtual Channel) for the first member sending out data,

the master select the next member with buffers avalable.   Value is presented in portstatsshow.

The underlaying HW measure buffer credit to zero on the under physical links. In the end, onlybuffer credits to zero on the whole trunk or logical link matters.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.