Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

Hi all, i just got the new 300 SAN Switches and i was looking at this doc to upgrade my firmaware

Computers-it. Upgrading the fabric OS of a Brocade SAN switch

but i get

The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

here is my login setup

IP                            10.15.15.xxx - same subnet as the switch

User name               username

password                 password

Protocol type            FTP

Firmware path          v6.3.2e/release.plist

i get the same error via command line/putty

ummm, what? when i try ftp manually via filezilla client for example, it works perfect...

let me know if i missed something

thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

Hi,

perhaps your ftp-server has some logs that you can look at and see what is happening?

Perhaps it says path not found.

Did you try /v6.3.2e or other paths without the release.plist? Make sure a folder called v6.3.2e is available in the root of the ftp-account you're connecting with. Firewalls etc may also hinder this process.

The Fabric OS Administrator's Guide has a section about maintaining firmware.

New Contributor

Re: The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

good idea, once i looked at the ftp logs it became clear that the switch is reading the correct file that points the switch to another location, so now i understand how this works. thanks!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.