Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

The last device change happened at :

Dear Brocade Guru's,

Can somebody please tell us how we findout which device (port) has changed the status when you get this message?

We a management program called SystemWalker, there we saw the SNMP trap message where you can see the port. Unfotunetly that message is already overwritten.

Our switches are 4/16 (200E) and 4/32 (4100) HP OEM and 4016, 5450 and 5300 Fujitsu OEM.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

Best regards, Herman

Super Contributor

Re: The last device change happened at :

Look at

errdump -r

and

errshow -r

to find out if ports are flapping. You will find device offline messages with port area id in them, map these to the actual port numbers and you are done.

you can also use fabriclog -s command to identify if ports are flapping.

New Contributor

Hallo Bijukrishnan,

Thanks for your quick answer.

errdump I have done it, errshow is the same, but that is my problem I only see:

2010/10/30-12:52:43, , 1425, FID 128, INFO, SW104, The last device change happened at: Sat Oct 30 12:52:38 2010

I like to find out which port have changed at 12:52:38.

in fabriclog -s, I only see fabric events, no switch events.

More idea's? Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Herman Sugeng

Frequent Contributor

I always find "fabstateshow" output useful in this context. It will show you ports going offline/online. Also "fwsamshow" will show you amount of down occurrences.

Other than that you may want to check error counters increasing in portErrShow, portShow, portStatsShow.

Super Contributor

Hi all,

sometimes this message came up due to a defect (DEFECT000308461). Currently I am not pretty sure if only 6.4 was affected or also some earlier codes.

I have seen these messages also on 6.3 and 6.2 and was not able to match it to any event.

I have attached the release notes for further readings.

Andreas

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.