Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Tapelibrary Quantum Scalar i40

Hi !!

We are an integrator Solutions at Brazil.

We have a client who bought a Quantum Tapelibrary i40, and needs to connect to a switch "Brocade 4 / 24 SAN Switch for HP c-Class BladeSystem." The question is: Is there compatibility between these two products??
Where can I check this compatibility??

Thanks ..

Super Contributor

Re: Tapelibrary Quantum Scalar i40

toigi

I'm not 100% surely, but to 95% you cannot connect a Tape Library Direct to Blade Switches.

Probable have other User here some experience, but other is unkown to me.

New Contributor

Hi,

Ive been installing and configuring quantum scalar i40 to a windows 2003 server host with a brocade 415 HBA and have no problem in finding the library and tape drive. a direct attach and via switch ( brocade 300 ), but the problem is, im using symantec backup exec 2010 and the backup never ever run well ... theres always a problem from intermitten to a hanging server ... i still searching a way out of this problem, if there anyone in this forum has the same problem like i do, can you tell me how to resolve it . many thanks before.

Contributor

Hello,

Can you tell me which W2K3 driver version did you install for your Brocade BR-415 HBA? Does Symantec Backup Exec 2010 have any patches that you need to pre-install for Windows 2003 server?

New Contributor

its windows 2003 server corporate R2, already patched to the newest patch and the HBA driver was from brocade retail box. so i dont really know if i have the newest version.

New Contributor

I think he can, if the Blade module is a switch, basicaly the blade module is an oem brocade 300 series ( or so CMIW ) you can create zoning to on the blade switch, so my opinion it should work.

Contributor

Hello Suseno,

Please visit the link below to download the latest W2K3 R2 drivers for your Brocade adapter:

http://www.brocade.com/services-support/drivers-downloads/CNA/Windows.page/

or download the "Brocade Adapter Software Installer Windows v3.0.0.0". This will cover all the Windows servers flavors i.e. W2K3 x64, x86, W2K8 x86, x64, R2, etc.

Windows - All Versions

NameVersion #
v3.0.0.0

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.