Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

TSB 2016-239-A[1]: The affected products may remain hung during CP / switch boot up.

[ Edited ]

Experts, I have question regarding to TSB 2016-239-A[1].

PRODUCTS AFFECTED:
Brocade Directors DCX, DCX-4S, DCX8510-8, DCX8510-4, and the following Brocade switches:
Brocade 5300, Brocade 6520, Brocade Encryption Switch, running Brocade FOS Release Versions
v7.2.1e, v7.3.1, v7.4.0, v8.0.1 and later, are impacted.

Are these the ONLY directors/switches effected?

The reason I'm asking is because I heard Brocade 6510 is also effected, is that true?

Thank you.

Brocade Moderator

Re: TSB 2016-239-A[1]: The affected products may remain hung during CP / switch boot up.

Hello,

The potential issue has only been identified and reported on products mentioned into the TSB for specifics FOS releases.

Symptoms are described in it. Feel free to check into the products if you have some doubts.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: TSB 2016-239-A[1]: The affected products may remain hung during CP / switch boot up.

Indeed Brocade 6510 switch is not part of the impacted products of that particular TSB.

Just want to stop the rumour around me.

Thank you.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.