Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
kmorgan

Support Matrix

Hi All,

I have been tasked with looking into the feasibility of upgrading our Brocade/McData environment.  We have the following hardware:

McData 6040 and a Brocade 6140

IBM SVC

IBM DS8300

IBM Squardron's

I have tasked the sysadmin to get me the os/firmware versions of each piece of equipment.  I realize that these are all very dated hardware, that is why we are looking to upgrade some/all of it.  I am looking for a support matrix that will show what versions of os/firmware are required to have Brocade support hardware on the switch fabric.

Any advice/suggestions would be welcome. 

Thanks,

Keith

Occasional Contributor
jimm

Re: Support Matrix

Check with your storage vendor should have a Compatibility Matrix document that should detail what brcd fabos is compatible to upgrade to.

jmm
Contributor
bj-n-kc

I think you'll find that the McData line is no longer supported. Good luck

Contributor
jdaignea

The 6040 is already end of support. The 6140 will be end of support early 2014 depending on who you have the current support contract. If you purchase new SAN the DCX8510 utilizes FOS 7. You can configure FC Routing and interconnect the McData directors to the DCX8510 to migrate your hosts and data. This information is found in the FOS 7 release notes.

New Contributor
kmorgan

Thanks for the information, I will look at the FOS 7 documents.  The main thing I am trying to find out is if the IBM SVC modules we have would work/be supported with the new FOS. I know the McData gear we have is very old and no longer (or soon to be) supported, that is why we are looking to replace them.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.