Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Slow Web Tools Performance on Brocade 5100s

I've been experiencing poor performance when using the Web Tools interface to two 5100s.

They are both @ FOS 7.0.0.a, and the up to 2 minute delays when connecting to the switches initially, or clicking Zone Admin, etc, are not experienced when using the CLI.

Pinging to the switches responds in <1ms.

The server browsing to the switches is running Windows 2003 Enterprise 64bit SP2, with IE 6.0.3790 SP1, 12x Intel Xeon 3Ghz Hyperthreaded cores, 12 GB RAM.

I am running JRE 1.6.0_24, and have tried _27, and emptied the Java cache (which is 1 GB). Java Console shows the message:

"Could not launch from cache. Will try online mode.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.brocade.wtcommon.access.AccessController).

log4j:WARN Please initalize the log4j system properly".

even after I've launched Web Tools several times and not cleared the cache, but shows nothing during the slow running.

I've cleared the logs down from the switches (errclear, portlogclear) and logging in as root and running 'top' I see no processes running high CPU counts for anything longer than a few seconds. The CPU remains largely idle (>90%).

I'm running Web Tools on another server with an identical spec, to two DCXs running FOS 7.0.0a (all on a separate network) and there are no such delays.

Any ideas?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.