Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Silkworm3900+Neo8000

Hi, I have a Silkworm 3900 switch connected to an Overland Library Neo 8000 and I’d like to have your help with theses questions:

Occasional Contributor

Re: Silkworm3900+Neo8000

I'm not familiar with the Neo or Legato, but to begin with, do you want this set-up to be loop or point to point? Since you stated the drives run at 2GB I have to assume you are talking about LTO-2. I have found with both IBM and STK that when you run fibre directly from the drive to the switch, it will come up in loop mode. The way around this is to configure the drive port as a 'G' port. This will cause it to bypass loop processing and go to point to point. You only have the master server and the library itself plugged into the switch? If that's the case, the switch most likely will only see the WWN of those two devices. If they are LTO-2, why do you not have the drives themselves connected individually to the switch? I would not set the library to 1GB. Let the switch alter the speed automatically. If the server in question is indeed the master media server and only has a 1GB HBA and you have LTO-2, you really need to upgrade your HBA. You're not taking advantage of 2GB architecture.Again, I work in an IBM, STK, Veritas shop so the information I'm trying to relate to you may be completely wrong for your environment.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Silkworm3900+Neo8000

OK, I´ll try to help you with the details:<!graemlin::confused:><!graemlin:Smiley Happy>.<!graemlin::confused:>

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.