Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

San sw fos upgrades

Hi there

i want to ask about the best OS for a non-homogen SAN switch environment.It will be configured like below,

hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)--------Brocade6505-----------13km_away--------------Brocade6505---------hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)

and the other path will be as

hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)--------Brocade6510------------13km_away--------------Brocade6510--------hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)

My concern is , what is the best FOS versions for the SAN switches that will work together .

And also ,as far as i knew , the FOS versions has to be done in order, i mean if one switch is in FOS 6.1 and in order to upgrade it to 7.2 ,
i have to 1 step in each ,like
6.1 >>>6.2>>>6.3>>>and so on>>>>>>7.0>7.1>7.2 , is this still the same ?

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Re: San sw fos upgrades

Hello,

What are the curent FOS releases intalled on each switch?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

you are right , i must right it down before i send this question.Here is the FOS list

hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)--------Brocade6505--------------13km_away--------------Brocade6505----------------hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)
 Fabric OS:  v6.4.0c    FabricOS:v7.2.1a        FabricOS:v7.2.1a    Fabric OS:v7.0.2c

hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)--------Brocade6510--------------13km_away--------------Brocade6510----------------hpBladeSanSw(brocade5480)
 Fabric OS:  v6.4.0c     Fabric OS:v7.3.0c         Fabric OS:  v7.3.0c    Fabric OS:  v7.0.2c

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello,

The best will be to move all switches to 7.4.1e (latest FOS target path for 7.x).

So the path will be:

From 6.4.0c:

6.4.3h

7.0.2e

7.1.1c

7.2.1g

7.3.1e

7.4.1e

From 7.0.2c:

7.1.1c

7.2.1g

7.3.1e

7.4.1e

From 7.2.1a:

7.3.1e

7.4.1e

From 7.3.0c:

7.4.1e

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Recommendation will be to upgrade Fabric per Fabric

Move 6.4x to 7.2x (with TP FOS proposed) and 7.0x to 7.2x (with TP FOS proposed) first for the first Fabric and then upgrade all to 7.4.1e.

then move 6.4x to 7.3x (with TP FOS proposed) and 7.0x to 7.3x (with TP FOS proposed) first for the second Fabric and then upgrade all to 7.4.1e.

Occasional Contributor

Hi again

Thanks a lot Zimmerman;
your answered saved a lot of time of mine;in a huge project

thank you again.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.