Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
brian.t.coulombe

SMI-S, Brocade Switches and ACLs....

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Brocade SMI-S agent working when a Brocade Switch (300, 5000, 5100, 5300) has had an ACL security configuration implemented?

1.  The host and switch can ping.

2.  The host with SMI-S does not have a lun attached so do I need to attach a lun?
3.  If I need to attach a lun to the SMI-S host, do the host WWNs need to be added to the ACL?

4.  When I try to log into the switch from SMI-S, I get the error code 4 but doesn't say what is causing it.  I cannot log into the switch from the SMI-S agent.

5.  SMI-S Agent version 120.9.0.

6.  There are no security settings enabled via the SMI-Agent and I am using HTTP not HTTPS to connect.  Only one or two of the switches in the fabric have ACLs but this is a principal/subordinate configuration with a total of 24 switches.  So, I think between the ISLs the ACL is blocking fabric connections.

7.  Does the SMI-S agent use just ethernet to monitor the switch or is it a combination of http connections and F/C connections?

I'm not an expert with SMI-S so I am trying to figure out what I need to do.

PS:  Switches are running FOS 6.4.2a

Thanks for your help in advance!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.