Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

SCP server for windows server 2003 to recieve configuploads?

Hey,

Has anyone tried using an scp server on a windows server to recieve configuplooads / supportsaves? If so, I was wondering if you point me at the software you used and how to config it.

New Contributor

Re: SCP server for windows server 2003 to recieve configuploads?

Hi,

I have tried to SCP to different windows SCP/SSH Servers but without luck. (v6.4.1b)

I was wondering if anybody has any hint for a working windows SCP Server for brocade switches. Using Putty Tools instead (pscp) works fine....

External Moderator

I use Free SCP from SolarWinds, work like a charm

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/freetools/free_tftp_server.aspx

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thank you for this hint, indeed SolarWinds SCP/SFTP Server works perfect.

Unfortunately we are facing another issue now, we have scripted the configupload of all our san switch within a perl script using Puttys plink. Previously with FTP there were only one command lline including the password.

Now, with SCP, configupload command is issued, but we can't specifiy the password within this command. Instead the SCP Server is responding and asking for a password. We have some troubles to integrate this in the script, any ideas ?

The current script looks like this:

foreach $switch (@swdata)

{

chomp($switch);

-----

$command ="echo configupload -all -ftp 160.XXX.XXX.163,username,/SWConfigUpload/$swname.cfg,password ; exit |plink -ssh -pw $passwd $userid\@$ip";

print $command;

system($command);

}

Thanks

Valued Contributor

I don't know perl or plink, but what's up with

$command ="echo configupload -all -ftp 160.XXX.XXX.163,username,/SWConfigUpload/$swname.cfg,password ; exit |plink -ssh -pw $passwd $userid\@$ip";

Especially the part where echo is closed and output from exit it piped through plink.

Looks wrong to me.

New Contributor

This command using FTP is actually working fine :-)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.