Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

SAN Switch (firmware version 3.2.1c) connect to Core Switch (Firmware version 4.4.0f) work or not????

My topology is

Storage EVA -> san switch hp b-series 3800 (firmware 3.2.1c) -> Core Switch (Silkworm 48000) firmware 4.4.0f and Server

I want to upgrade firmware hp b-series to version 3.21. After I upgrade this firmware. Does it have any impact to Core switch?

Please help to give me the doc about support compatible between these san switches.

Note: there are two hp b-series san switches in two fabric for redundant. Should i upgrade both switches? If I try to upgrade only one, Have any impact?

please help to suggest me

External Moderator

Re: SAN Switch (firmware version 3.2.1c) connect to Core Switch (Firmware version 4.4.0f) work or not????

nanosec,

The 48000 is not supported by FabOS v4.4.x

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Contributor

Re: SAN Switch (firmware version 3.2.1c) connect to Core Switch (Firmware version 4.4.0f) work or not????

Sorry. I told you wrong core switch model. The correct model is silkworm 12000 (firmware version 4.4.0f)

Can you help to suggest me?

External Moderator

12000 is another story.

Yes, FabOS 3.2.x and 4.4.x are Supported, and work in the same Fabric.

--->>> After I upgrade this firmware. Does it have any impact to Core switch?

No by the FabOS.

--->>> I want to upgrade firmware hp b-series to version 3.21.

Check before you upgrade if the EVA Firmware are Supported, certified and Approved with v3.2.x

Upgrade first one Fabric and test it, otherwise you can downgrade the 3800 toactuall FabOS release.

But i think 99% all will work fine with v3.2.1c

Good luck

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Contributor

I have one question.

There is other b-series san switch in another fabric for redundant path(there are two fabric for redundant path).Should I upgrade this other b-series san switch same new firmware version?

In my assumptioin, If I upgrade only one b-series san switch, what is the impact to other redundancy b-series san switch which I don't want upgrade firmware.

Please, help to suggest me

Many thanks for your help

External Moderator

nanosec,

--->>> There is other b-series san switch in another fabric for redundant path....

--->>> ...... I upgrade this other b-series san switch same new firmware version?

Yes, in a second step.

--->>> ... If I upgrade only one b-series san switch, what is the impact to other redundancy...

nanosec, i cannot give you any warranty, but in a normal circumstance, the asnwer is no, the redundant Fabric don.t have impact.

Before begin upgrade, save first all switch config, in a case you downgrade now to actually Rel. can upload to each switch the latest work config.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.