Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

SAN Inventory Worksheet

[ Edited ]

There use to be a 'SAN Inventory Worksheet' at this location:

This link no longer works - does anyone know where I can find it?

EDIT:
I realize that I can use SAN Health to get the information, but it is almost too much information for a manager to look at quickly, not to mention it does each device individually.  I need something that is going to be high level and consolidate everything.
Regular Contributor

Re: SAN Inventory Worksheet

CMDB? Sent emails (because you used it before)? default or temp locations your browser uses for downloads?

If the SAN Health VISIO diagrams are to high level and the XLS are to detailed, what info do you actually need to give your manager.

I can't remember seeing such a xls and therfor do not know what info it holds.

Contributor

"CMDB? Sent emails (because you used it before)? default or temp locations your browser uses for downloads?"  I don't know what you mean by any of that - sorry.

Basically - If you had to put together a single page spreadsheet with all of your brocade devices listed, what info would you want?

Switch Name                                                                   
Domain
IP Address                                                               
World Wide Name                                                                   
Model   
Speed                       
OS Ver                                                                       
Serial Number                                                                   
Ports/Unused                           
Install Date

Anything else?  These are the things a manager wants to see - and I do too with a quickness.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are unable to produce a report from your CMDB (or whatever you use for assetmanagement or DCIM solution) use SAN Health instead.

Only need to config it once and update it whenever something changes switch wise.

Wait for the report the return and use the top parts on the worksheet called Summary.

It contains more or less the info you want. Add what you think is missing and remove what not usefull to you.

Kr

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.