Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Resetting Root password on Brocade 300 Series

We received some Brocade 300 switches from a now closed down office and I am able to use it successfully with the documented admin password (as well as some additional accounts that were created). However, the actual root password had the password changed and we are unable to sign in with this. Is it possible to reset this password? I have found some responses on different forums about this but a lot of it seemed to be by using some tool from Brocade directly.

Any suggestions on what to do?

External Moderator

Re: Resetting Root password on Brocade 300 Series

@Jaelae

no tools are available, you have to proceed with password recovery procedure.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks Antonio. I have seen you post this before but not sure what password recovery procedure you refer to. I have not found any procedure for root password recovery. These switches are currently not in use so I have no problem wiping them out but any commands I found to clear the password is only for the admin password.

External Moderator

did you try with default root password = "fibranne"

is the switch Native Brocade or OEM, i.e. EMC ? EMC use different root password

in order to obtain password recovery procedure, you must open a call with Brocade or you supplier.

I'm not autorised to post the DOC here in the community or to share.

the command to reset pwd to default is "passwddefault"

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks Antonio. I did try the default fibranne but that was not set as root unfortunately. Also, these are Brocade branded switches (with the Brocade name and logo). I did try contacting Brocade but this was purchased through a VAR who I have been unable to reach so I might be out of luck Smiley Sad

External Moderator

I'm sorry that you have a trouble with.

go to google, and search for brocade password recovery

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.