Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Reseting a Brocade 5000 Switch.

hello, i Am trying to write a vbscript that will automate the configuration of several brocade 5000 switches that my company is deploying.

the Switches run the fabric os 5.1.

To check the script, i need to reset all factory defaults, to the exeact state the switch is when it is first opened.

i tried several commands and also googling for it, but i didn't find anything. can someone help me with restoring factory defaults for the brocade 5000?

thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Reseting a Brocade 5000 Switch.

You have probably already tried the "configdefault" command?

New Contributor

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I have tried the "configdefault" command, but i can't be sure that i used it properly.

i just wrote configdefault, and rebooted the system several times. it may have reset some definitions, but it didn't go back to the factory default.

External Moderator

omer,

to reset the switch to "Pure" Factory default, you need a special command what is not listed in the CLI or other General Available DOC.

At this point, i give you a friendly tip, dont reset the switch with this command.

Or ask the Brocade Support, if you have a valid Support Contract.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
New Contributor

hello, thanks again!

can u tell me y not to use this command?

do u have it, or do i have to ask the brocade support team?

the thing is, its a test enviornment, i don't care if the brocade will get messed up eventually, as long as it will reset the defaults properly, so u can check my script.

thanks in advance.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.