Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
uzoma.anosike

Reset of silkworm 200E to factory default

I have Silkworm 200E switches that have not been in use, I want to put them in use now but I find it difficult logging into them using IPs that were set for them at a time. I want to rest the switches to factory default, can someone help please.

Valued Contributor
TechHelp24

Re: Reset of silkworm 200E to factory default

If you don't know configured IP, connect trough a Serial Port with admin credential

execute command "ipaddrshow" to verify configured IP

"ipaddrset" is th ecommand to set new IP Address.

TechHelp24
New Contributor
uzoma.anosike

Thanks for your reply, the main issue is connecting to the switch using serial port. I have used the serial cables that came with the switches but it is not helping. I aslo noticed some people had this problem but I have not seen how they went pass the problem.

Valued Contributor
TechHelp24

--->>>I have used the serial cables that came with the switches but it is not helping.

If this is a Brocade Original Cable, shold have a Label with Part Number begin like as 50-00xxxxx-xx

--->>>I aslo noticed some people had this problem but I have not seen how they went pass the problem.

try with another serial cable.

BTW, make sure you have correct parameters settings and COM Port in PC/Notebook is working.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.